Many people are allergic towards many things, they can be allergic to things like different vegetable, various fish, meats, etc, but other than these things people can be allergic to spices like tamarind. Tamarind is a spice which, is used in making cumin. Tamarind spice is made from brown bean-pod of the tamarind tree. The spice is made from a legume and legume can be allergic to some people. To avoid this problem it is very necessary to make sure that the person having this spice is not allergic to legume. It is not necessary that the person having tamarind should be allergic to legume because, tamarind also contents other legumes like peas, lentil, beans and peanuts which can be allergic. That is why it is important to make sure where the allergy is from.
To determine whether the body is allergic to tamarind the body has to go through certain tests. If the body creates immunoglobulin E antibodies after entering the tamarind spice to the body, then it is confirmed that the allergy is due to tamarind.
The body reacts to tamarind because the immune system reacts to the protein present in the tamarind and the body feels it will harm it. The immune system creates lgE antibodies to fight against the proteins. Histamine is a hormone in the body which helps protect the body from any infection. The increased levels of histamine in the body are the reason for the allergy symptoms.
There are many symptoms of allergy by which one can detect having allergy. According to MayoClinic.com the symptoms may be, itching, tingling in the mouth, swelling of the face, nasal congestion, trouble breathing, vomiting, abdominal pain, dizziness, fainting, hives, eczema. Some symptoms may occur just after the ingestion of the spice while other may appear after few hours.
After, clinically diagnosed the allergy in tamarind one should stay away from tamarind. As tamarind is mainly found in cumin the allergic person should avoid cumin. The allergic person should make sure that the dish he/she is having is free from tamarind as because a little amount of tamarind can cause severe allergic problems.
- Soy allergy symptoms (food-allergydata.com)
- Pineapple Allergy Symptoms (food-allergydata.com)
- Crab Allergy (food-allergydata.com)
- Truffle allergy (food-allergydata.com)
- Hitch allergy (food-allergydata.com)
- Quinoa allergy symptoms (food-allergydata.com)
- Raspberry Allergy (food-allergydata.com)
Top 5 search terms for this item:
- cumin allergy (95)
- allergenen tamarinde (4)
- allergy with tamrind j fruit (4)
- is tamarind a nut (4)
- peanut allergy tamarind (2)
- is tamarind a tree nut (2)
- Tamarind and nut allergy (2)
- tamarind paste intolerance (2)
- tamarind flour peanut allergy (1)
- tamarind food allergy (1)
- tamarind and foodallergy (1)
- tamarind and allergy (1)
- peanut allergy and tamarind (1)
- is tamerind seed allergenic (1)
- is tamerind allerenic (1)
- is tamarind related to peanuts (1)
- is tamarind peanuts (1)
- hives from tamarind (1)
- garlic allergy tamarind (1)
- tamarinf alergy (1)