Pineapple allergy can lead to a rash if you touch pineapple, or if you ingest it, more symptoms can happen ranging from an upset stomach all the way up to anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis is swelling of the throat and face and other list of symptoms that can NOT be taken lightly. Anaphylaxis is a medical emergency and should be sent to the hospital upon detection of this incident.
If you think that you may have an allergy to pineapple, please talk to your doctor and explain it to the doctor. If they think that this is the case, they can do tests to track down the allergy and give you more advice on what to do about pineapple allergies. They may say that you should fully avoid pineapple.
An allergy to pineapple is when the body does not recognize the proteins in pineapple and defends against them. Though the fruit is safe, your body does not recognize it as safe, therefore the allergy. Symptoms of pineapple allergy can come in a few minutes of ingesting pineapple up to two hours after ingesting it.
If you eat fresh pineapple, your mouth could begin to swell and tingle in this time frame, as well as itchiness and hives can also happen. There are also more symptoms to look out for. Watch out for more severe symptoms, such as swelling of the throat as this is an emergency and should be seen at the hospital upon detection of this.
Avoid fruit that was exposed to pineapple or fruit salads that have pineapple in it. These are the first two things to be on the lookout for. Also, fresh pineapple in any form should be avoided.
When you go to the doctor to get tested for this allergy, make sure that you are not allergic to other things in this food group. Foods like kiwi and bananas and avocado fit into this food group. Ask if you are able to have these, or if the doctor says that you need to avoid these too, as these may be connected.
Why these listed foods could be connected, you are wondering? These have latex substance in them and you could have a latex related allergy. If you are allergic to latex, you will need to notify the doctor of this in any upcoming surgeries as the usually latex gloves in surgery could cause an allergic reaction could be dangerous.
- Cheesecake Allergies (food-allergydata.com)
- Sorbitol allergy symptoms (food-allergydata.com)
- Truffle allergy (food-allergydata.com)
Top 5 search terms for this item:
- pineapple allergy (2746)
- allergic reaction to pineapple (413)
- pineapple allergy symptoms (365)
- allergy to pineapple (220)
- allergic to pineapple (187)
- pineapple allergic reaction (169)
- pineapple allergies (131)
- pineapple intolerance (62)
- pineapple allergic reactions (53)
- allergic reactions to pineapple (51)
- pineapple allergy rash (45)
- allergy pineapple (44)
- pineapple allergy reaction (40)
- symptoms of pineapple allergy (39)
- pineapple allergies symptoms (38)
- allergy to pineapple symptoms (36)
- allergic reaction to pineapple symptoms (24)
- allergic reaction to pineapples (22)
- fresh pineapple allergy (21)
- pineapple allergy treatment (21)