Macadamia nuts are native to Australian fields and have gained popularity over time owing to their medicinal value especially to people with high Cholesterol level in their systems. The macadamia nuts contain monounsaturated fats which is a key compound for controlling cholesterol levels. The nuts contain components that are relevant to one’s health and these components include natural oils, protein, dietary fiber, carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins (Vitamin B1, B2, B5, B6 and E), Antioxidants, as well as 3040 Kilojoules per 100g/747 calories. All these nutrients will boost your general health by reducing risks of cardiac conditions, prevention of free radical damage and most importantly, reduce rate of cancer in your body.
However, there have been several reports on macadamia allergy which range from mild to severe. It is also important to note that there are people who are generally allergic to nuts or tree nuts hence may develop similar reactions to macadamia nuts. Some of these symptoms are as follows:
Angioedema: This is an allergic to reaction that is particular nuts where patients come with a swollen tongue, throat or eyes. Therefore, making breathing difficult and in some cases can result to suffocation. On the other hand, these allergic reactions can vary from mild to severe hence regardless on the situation, it is important to have a medical check-up.
Chest related reactions: There are also patients who have complained of chest pains, chest pruritis and chest tightness. These are symptoms that demand immediate medical attention to prevent further damage of the cardiovascular tissues.
Skin related allergies: One of the macadamia allergy reactions is skin itchiness and skin rashes which will vary from one person to another.
Other Macadamia allergy reactions: There are also others who complain of dizziness after eating macadamia nuts and others who complain of burning sensations throughout their bodies. Some of these symptoms are also common allergic reactions to people who are allergic to nuts such as the peanuts, hazelnuts, cashew nuts and other tree nuts. Therefore, it is only important to note what allergic reactions you have towards nuts by testing with one nut or a few nuts.
In conclusion, macadamia nuts have great nutritional values and health benefits but only to people to who do not have allergic responses to nuts or the macadamia nuts. This also indicates that depending on one’s system the macadamia allergy can prove fatal if it is not addressed on time. For instance, people who have severe angioedema may need emergency treatment so as to unblock the air path and enhance oxygen circulation in their bodies.
- Tree Nut Allergy (food-allergydata.com)
- Maize Allergy (food-allergydata.com)
- Kale allergy symptoms (food-allergydata.com)
- Pineapple Allergy Symptoms (food-allergydata.com)
- Soy allergy symptoms (food-allergydata.com)
- Nut Intolerance (food-allergydata.com)
- Corn intolerance (food-allergydata.com)
- Tamarind Allergy (food-allergydata.com)
- Crab Allergy (food-allergydata.com)
Top 5 search terms for this item:
- macadamia nut allergy (138)
- allergy to macadamia nuts (28)
- macadamia nuts allergy (22)
- macadamia nut allergies (17)
- macademia nut allergy (15)
- macadamia nuts allergic reaction (12)
- can macadamia oil in toiletries cause allergic reactions (4)
- can you have an allergic reaction to macadamia nuts or pistachios? (4)
- could eating macadamia nuts make your hands swell? (2)
- is macadamia nut an allergen (2)
- ate macademia nuts and broke out in hives several hours later (2)
- do macadamia nuts give allergy? (2)
- mac nut sensitivity (2)
- macadamei allergy (2)
- are macadamia nuts an allergen (2)
- macadamia nut coating allergy (2)
- macadamia nuts sensitivity (2)
- Peanut allergy and macadamia nuts 123456 (1)
- can macadamia nuts cause headache (1)
- can i use macadamia oil of i have tree nut allergies (1)